In November, when a friend told me about tumblr and coerced me into creating an account, I was intrigued by its novelty and left the blogspot world without looking back (much like my departure from the wordpress world before that and the xanga world before that). However, after several months of writing blog posts comprised only of pithy text and lengthy monologues in a blogging medium geared towards pictures and videos, I decided to return to blogspot, where text is king and the word is golden (I think). This return has led me to consider what made me originally leave blogspot and I can only think that the novelty of the new website drew me in, and as any other adult with self-diagnosed, most likely imaginary ADHD would, I grabbed for the new toy (or website).
This kind of quick abandonment of the old at the spark of something new pervades other areas of my life as well. Flimsy toilet paper is left neglected in the back corner of a closet while the triple ply toilet paper rests gloriously on the holder next to the toilet. New clothes and shoes become my only clothes and shoes and my wardrobe B.N.C.S. (Before New Clothes and Shoes) sit collecting dust in drawers. New school supplies replace old binders and writing utensils from previous school years (which are perfectly reusable and easily recyclable). Even old friends and acquaintances sit on the back-burner of my life when I make new ones. I am the paramount of the American consumer and our generation's ADHD-ridden lunatic.
But growing up is all about change, is it not? So much has changed in the past year; I might as well keep that ball rolling. And thus, here is my triumphant return to blogspot. Goodbye, tumblr and all other blogging mediums. I have eyes for only one now. I'm going to commit to blogspot like an alcoholic commits to happy hour.
However, if everyone happens to return to xanga, I'll probably render blogspot useless and jump on the bandwagon. I can't pass up a chance to get more eProps.
i was wondering where you went... if you join xanga ill join you too. remember that time we were blogging in my room trying to bring back xanga?? hahhh. eprops are the shit!
ReplyDelete